Wednesday, December 28, 2011

January - Budget (Check One)

Today, I took some time to budget out my first check of the month.

 I am hopeful as this experiment progresses, that I will be able to look at what is necessary based on budgets for every check.

Check One
From overtime
$40-Haircut
$100-Prespending allowance (I am allowing myself a little bit of shopping mayhem before the 1st, plus I need some money for New Years Eve drinks)
Rest of check
$645-Rent
$60-Food
$74-Books (this is my last semester before graduation from this school- no books again until Fall!!)
$15-Phone
$10-Gym
I have a dentist appointment on January 3rd, I am not sure how much they will charge me yet.
***** Savings of $274 before dentist
In the past I would have spent the savings amount (and then some) on eating out and clothing.... it seems like such a high amount now that I see it!!

I am really nervous/anxious/excited about this spending fast. I can't believe that as of now, we are only days away until the New Year.... I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment