Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Trying to stay positive

Yesterday I ended up spending $206 at the dentist... which is just crazy in my book but, since I may need teeth in the future, I paid it. This was far more than I was hoping to be charged. I ended up switching my hair appointment to next paycheck, which left me with $40 in savings. Here is the new budget break down
 
$167-Prespent
$645-Rent
$60-Food
$74-Books
$16-Phone
$10-Gym
$206 Dentist

***** Savings of $40
Looking at the small amount of savings for this check makes me sad. A part of me wants to say fuck it, it is only $40- let's buy something pretty. Yet, another part of me realizes that I would have paid for the dentist appointment whether I was on this spending fast or not. Before I would have eventually over drafted my account since I have nothing left in savings. So in a way, I guess I am okay with the fact that what I wanted to save was spent instead of me overdrafing.
I am hopeful that I can budget my next check in a way that gives the old savings account the boost it needs.
Until then I am going to stay positive that I can make this work....

No comments:

Post a Comment