Tuesday, January 3, 2012

So far, so good

Two days down of 2012 and I am doing okay on the spending fast. I did spend a bit more than I thought I would in my prespending splurge, which I knew would happen. I am not kicking myself for it... I've been surviving off of the food that I stored before the fast. Boyfriend (L) made us a great 'poor' meal using just things that we each had in cupboards and in fridge last night, which made me soooooo glad that I have his amazing cooking skills to help me survive this task...

 I have noticed that anxiety has been getting the best of me. It's so hard for me to think of all the things that 2012 will bring and not get anxious. Yesterday, I got a case of the sads just thinking of all the things that I may miss out on by taking part in this spending fast. Winter already makes me a homebody, I started thinking about how sad life will be with me just laying on the couch all year watching movies.... so I made a deal that I can spend money on certain events because being social is important to my happiness. I realized that events may come up that I will be spending money on, in instances where it is necessary I will spend. Yet, as long as I keep normal everyday spending down and not make this idea that everything is a 'special social event', everything will be gravy and saving will be much easier. I think this will be much better.

I'll let you know how much the dentist bill is for today--crossing fingers that insurance covers most of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment