Thursday, January 12, 2012

Well, hello there Thursday.

After a pretty hopeless day, I had a fantastic night. I did not buy anything besides a 75 cent snack before class. L (boyfriend) picked me up after class and took me out to dinner. He surprised me with new headphones. I was really appreciative of this!! I've been using these cheap ear buds for the past couple weeks after my headphones quit working... the new headphones are a vast improvement. Our dinner was great and it was nice to talk to L about some of the struggles with the spending fast that I have been having. A big part of me feel awful about him paying for me and buying me stuff. So, I decided that with this next check I would put a little aside for a date night, just as a thank you to him for all that he does. 
Enough sappiness, here is the budget for tomorrow's check:
Start Amount: $1078
Groceries-$100- I gave myself a little extra just because I need to supply dessert this weekend for my dad's holiday celebrations and I do not bake.
Haircut-$40-This is needed. The weather has made my hair huge.
Phone-$16
Susan G. Komen- $64- I care about boobs....
U of M Application Fee-$55- I am trying to keep this a secret since I am a little paranoid that I won't in, cross your fingers for me.
Birth Control- $50- Babies are expensive.....
Green Peace-$20-I care about Earth, I guess...
Netflix- $22- I have to watch something!!!
Apartment Insurance-$14- This is just logical, I don't trust my luck.
Late fees at the Library-$10- I suck and seem to not know how to return anything on time...
Leaves me with $687-
Unknown costs:
Target-I just need a few things. I have a list and I'm sticking to it!

Date night- I'm sure we can find something cheap...
Vacation costs- L's sister bought us a hotel stay in March for Christmas. There are a few costs that we have to cover (flight and we want one more day there), so I will be getting those out of the way now.
Night out with boyfriend’s sister B- L's sister is coming next weekend from London. I feel like we owe her a night out, especially after she bought us a hotel stay and we haven't seen her in months.
I will update you on how the budget looks after these costs. This morning, I transferred the $40 I had left from the last check into my "Moving Fund Savings"! Although I really wanted the shoes, it felt nice to transfer a little into savings. I hope that after the additional costs for the next check that I will be able to transfer even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment